Saturday, January 23, 2010

Runs for 2010

One of my New Years Resolutions were to run at least 3 big races this year since i did 2 last year
(1 half and 1 full).
Each year I want to go somewhere different...hoping to qualify for BOSTON somewhere in this lifetime:)

Runs of 2010 I plan to finish:

1) Rock and Roll San Diego: 1/2 marathon or a 4-legged relay (June 6 2010)
This marathon donates all proceeds to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society..so i am very excited about that.
Plus I hear R&R runs are so much funn and this one has a really nice course, running near the coast.
So i am looking forward for this one.

2) Disneyland Half Marathon (Sep 5, 2o1o)
Neal ran this one with his cousins last year and he said he had a blast. So I plan for this one for sure this year!

3) CIM #2: (December 5, 2010)
Im starting a personal tradition for myself and that is to run this race every year.
I enjoyed completing my first marathon all by myself last year and I think it was the BEST way to end 2009 for me.
So giving myself all year to train for this, would be a great way to stay in shape all year long.

So with all these planned races....of course means TRAINING!
In which I ha vent been consistent with lately after CIM.
So starting next week I want to at least do 6 miles/wk for a total of 24miles/month.
My legs have been itching for the trails..unfortunately the weather has been soooo ugly that ive been settling on the treadmill which is super boring.
My watch is gettin a lil rusty and my dri-fit shirts are waiting to soak some sweat. So I hope weather will get better soon.

On a different note. Glenny and I went to Costco today and grabbed this:
Yummy breakfast smoothies..all you do is add 1 cup of juice/soy milk to this bag of frozen fruits and yogurt...we'll throw in some protein to help our workouts.



0 comments:

Post a Comment