Tuesday, August 4, 2009

26 days remaining of Sumer 2009

There are only 26 days left of my summer before the crazy, most hectic and sleepless semester begins. 
Fall 2009 Schedule:
1) Bio 184-Genetics
2)Bio 131- Human Physiology
3) Chem 161- Biochem w/lab
4) Bio 103- Plant Civilization
5) Facs 113- Metabolism
 Plus part-time with the periodontist 2 days a week. CIM Training Wednesday @6:00pm and Sunday @ 7:00am for 17 weeks.
So i am really tryin to enjoy summer while its here.
I am getting really excited up for my training with Fleet Feet for my very first MARATHON (26.2miles) on Dec 6, 2009. 
Day 1 is this coming sunday, bright and early 7am @ William Land Park. I got myself a new nifty gadget to help me on my runs. 
I played with it last night around Mckinley Park after work and its unbelievable. It calculates your calories,speed, distance and time. Yesterday I hit a good 3.4miles in 1hr and 15mins. Not bad for my first land run. I been running on the threadmill and only the threadmill..which is such a bad idea because there is not start and finish. Running outside gives you at least real fresh air, scenery and people who are running with you as well. I love Mckinley park its real nice, quiet and the houses are beautiful.  My dream is to own a house around the Fab 40s one day..and maybe get a golden retriver running around my white pickett fence (wait i dont want a fence). HA!

Okay so plans/goals for the rest of the summer:
-increase at least .5 miles everyday and be able to run 10 miles by the end of August.

-Go on the Palomarin Trail Hike to the Alamere Falls..absolutely beautiful. Never gone hiking before so iam taking mama natures advice and thats to enjoy her while she is still around.



-Finish Eclipse and Breaking Dawn before school starts!

-and to be with my fam and friends while i can. 

Enjoy the sun folks..weather is great!

1 comments:

Megan said...

Gosh, you really inspire me. I can't wait to go hiking! But on an editor note it's *treadmill. lol. You should join. http://www.20sb.net It's a community where twenty-year old bloggers can get to know each other and read each others blogs. I love it.

Post a Comment